DOB NOW is an online tool that lets users take care of business with the Department quickly and conveniently. Using DOB NOW, you can submit documents and payments electronically in minutes – no more waiting on the phone or in line at DOB offices.
With DOB NOW, you can access a wide range of services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
After registering for an account in eFiling, you can use DOB NOW to:
- File jobs and submit fees electronically.
- Easily access data connected to your work and licenses.
- Upload any relevant documents.
- View objections.
- Schedule a meeting with a plan examiner to review and discuss any objections.
- Get milestone updates about your application via email.
- File post-approval amendments (PAA.
- make corrections.
- Retrieve and print After-Hour Variances.
- Print and pull their work permits.
- Receive an email with your letter of completion attached.
When did NYC DOB now start?
DOB NOW was launched on August 6, 2016, as part of New York City’s ongoing efforts to modernize and streamline its building and construction processes. By providing a convenient online platform for submitting documents and payments electronically, DOB NOW makes it easier than ever to do business with the Department.
The DOB is continuing its transition from the current filing system, DOB Building Information System (BIS), to a fully electronic one called DOB NOW. So far, the changes have only updated DOB’s technology and allowed applicants to sign and submit applications online and pay any necessary fees.
What is a DOB now account?
A DOB NOW account is a user account that allows you to access the Department of Buildings’ online platform for submitting applications, paying fees, uploading documents, tracking progress on your application, and more. With an efiling account, you can take advantage of all the benefits of doing business with the Department electronically.
To create an account and start using the platform, you must register online by providing basic information and a username and password. Once your account is activated, you can start accessing all of the tools and services available on DOB NOW.